FAIRFAX, Virginia, USA, 25 April 2017 – Icaros Inc., a leading provider of aerial imaging software, is pleased to announce release of version 5.0 of OneButton™ Standard and Professional Editions. The release contains a significant number of major new features and hundreds of other improvements, including a new 2D and 3D map and model viewer. Here are the highlights:
- – Extremely easy to use
- – Creates traditional orthomosaics which are best for agriculture and forestry projects
- – Creates true orthomosaics which are best for urban areas and survey-quality projects
- – Provides a new viewer:
- – View 2D and 3D outputs such as orthomosaics, point clouds, and photo meshes
- – Create fly-through videos
- – Generate contour lines from GeoTIFF terrain models
- – Label features and control the appearance of your maps and models
- – Add other georeferenced data as layers for reference
- – Industry leading performance / processing speed
- – No restrictions on image size and project size
- – Checkpoint restart – continue to process your project from point where it was stopped to reduce the overall processing time and project risk
- – “Smart” workflow enables many parameters to change without requiring the rerunning of the entire process from the beginning
- – Enhanced algorithm for autocorrection of lens distortion
- – Handles “Close-in Inspection” and projects with oblique imagery based on Structure-from-Motion algorithm
- – Support for all commonly used sensors including FLIR and Jenoptik thermal sensors; Tetracam, Agrowing and Micasense multispectral sensors; and large format sensors such as Ultracam and DMC
- – High quality extraction of features for improved DTMs, DSMs, point clouds and photo mesh
- – High geospatial accuracy of projects (meeting ASPRS accuracy standards)
- – GeoTIFF outputs can optionally be output in BigTIFF format for larger mosaics and DEMs
- – Output orthomosaics as one file or as several files based on image size, number of tiles, or specific tile dimensions (configurable)
- – Select the number of cores that are used so other applications can run in parallel to OneButton on the same machine
If you are a current user of OneButton software, you can download and install the latest version from the following link: https://www2.icaros.us/ob-software
If you are new to OneButton software, you can download a free trial to use for 30 days from the following link where you can register and download the software: https://www2.icaros.us/onebutton/
Icaros developed the OneButton family for geospatial end users to easily and automatically generate precise, fully orthorectified 2D maps and 3D models from frame-based aerial imaging systems. Originally engineered for manned aircraft sensors, the OneButton software has been modified to accommodate the unique collection conditions of unmanned aerial systems (UAS). OneButton is application platform and sensor agnostic, and processes raster image data from small-, medium-, and large-format frame sensors capable of capturing visible RBG, multispectral, near-infrared, and thermal infrared data.
OneButton creates a complete image processing workflow for aerial image data and can front-end both GIS and analytics workflows to enable customers to solve challenging problems related to everything from agriculture and forestry to utilities and city planning. It is highly customizable to meet the needs of specific vertical market applications.
OneButton automatically processes raw raster imagery with onboard GPS/IMU data to stitch the individual scenes together into seamless, color-balanced orthomosaics meeting photogrammetric precision and quality standards. Outputs include digital elevation models (DEMs), true color 3D point clouds, and multispectral mosaics – all ready for ingestion directly into GIS and analytics software environments.
The Professional Edition is now much easier to use in release 5.0. Professional Edition extends the Standard Edition with quality enhancement tools for more refined, professional results. It includes an innovative and easy-to-use photogrammetric dashboard giving you fine tuning control over the photogrammetric process. Other tools in the Professional Edition let you enhance output results.
“We have worked with many UAV image processing products and OneButton sets a high standard. The Professional Edition is easy to use and provides many of the advanced photogrammetric options essential for producing the high-quality, accurate results that customers expect from AeroVironment” said Seth Merickel, Senior Software Engineer at AeroVironment.
About Icaros Inc.
Based in Fairfax, Va., Icaros is a leading provider of geospatially accurate remote sensing software products and services. Since 2004, Icaros has provided solutions of the highest quality and precision to some of the largest organizations and governments in the world. For more information, please contact Tom Bosanko directly at email@example.com or by phone at 703-570-8303. Learn more at www.icaros.us